An effort to spread the Fragrance of Education through Mahak


An effort to spread the Fragrance of Education through Mahak




- Guest Post By Niharika Mishra



Jawaharlal Nehru had once said-"Educate a man and you educate one person. Educate a woman and you educate the whole family."


Female Education in India is not a gift of modern civilization. In olden days women excelled in the sphere of education and hence the goddess of learning was conceived of as a female who was popularly known as “Saraswati”, which is followed even today. However in earlier days, the traditional value of girl education in India was to enable her to be more competent in running the household, especially motherhood and to be able to give children a better upbringing. Nowadays when it is becoming more and more vital for women to be at par with men, education of women makes available to the country a wealth of capacity that is now largely wasted through lack of opportunity. This will result in fuller and effective utilization of human resources and raising the standard of living.


But inspite of such progressive approaches, there are many reasons female education never gets the importance it deserves like, Gender based Inequality, Occupation of Girls as cheap Domestic Help, parents' fear of physical Exploitation or abuse at schools.

Hence some extra effort is needed to encourage girls to get educated, especially from the poorer section of the society. Mahak is one such initiative by Ahambhumika.

Mahak is the name of a voluntary non-profit education institute set-up by Ahambhumika to facilitate education the daughters of labourers of the village of Mahabadia, Bhopal. Many may raise a question that why such a favor is just being done to the girls. The answer is that Mahak is an extra effort meant to assist educating girls in the rural areas where their education usual takes a backseat for more reasons than one.

At Mahak we are making basic efforts to spread literacy among the daughters of the labourers of Mahabadia, who otherwise would've never been able to go to school. Usually such girls are supposed to take care of the house when their parents are off to work at younger age and join their parents in their labour to earn an extra penny when they get older.

We began by trying to convince the parents about the benefits of educating their daughter and how it would help them in housework as well as their labour in future. We explained how they'll be able to demand a better pay for their labour if they are educated enough. After much persuasion most of them agreed to send their daughters to our school for a short period of two hours everyday from 3:00 pm to 5:00pm.


With an initial start-off of 22 girls from the age group of 5 to 12, Mahak has been a decent success till now. We have started with teaching them reading and writing Hindi and basic Arithmetic and hope to progress in this as well. Shortly we will also start drawing and painting activity to make these imitative child friendly.


The initiative is run all by us without any major sponsorship. Hence any help assisting us in enhancing the amount of education we are providing right now to the girls will be really helpful. Currently our basic requirements comprise of dresses, stationery and drawing materials like notebooks, pencils, wax colours, drawing books, drawing copies for writing and drawing.

Any little help from you will help us give the girls a better future with the help of education.


You can send your donations to


Subrat Goswami


Ahambhumika


C/o Archaeological Survey, G.T.B. Complex- Block,4th Floor,


T.T .Nagar, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh,


Pin-462003


E-Mail: ahambhumika@yahoo.co.in
           ahambhumika@gmail.com



Website: www.ahambhumika.org

The details of our banking profile are as follows:


Bank Name: CANARA BANK,


Branch - MAHARANA PRATAP NAGAR, BHOPAL


Account No.: 2073101015874


IFSC Code: CNRB0002073


Please draw your Cheques/Demand Drafts in favour of


AHAM BHUMIKA SWAYAM SEVI SANSTHA payable at BHOPAL


and send them to us by post on the above mentioned address.

Important: If you're doing a online transfer to our account, please send us an email on ahambhumika@yahoo.co.in with your address and donation amount, so that we can send you the receipt.
The photographs of MAHAK are posted above.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful post.
Many thanks for providing this info.

my site :: Loss weight now

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy to discover this website. I need to to thank you for ones time for this fantastic read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it and I have you saved as a favorite to check out new stuff on your web site.

Here is my blog ... Lift and glow pro

Anonymous said...

Vitamins A, B-complex, C, and D are found in Sarsaparilla.
Humans, naturally, do not like bitter flavors or foods.
Having a six-pack or eight-pack abdomen is a dream for thousands of
people, which is further fortified by the screen shots of their favorite actors who have the
perfect physique with muscular arms and chest.



Also visit my site - Power Pump XL Muscle

Anonymous said...

Excellent, what a web site it is! This blog presents useful information
to us, keep it up.

My weblog ... raspberry ketones review

Anonymous said...

Hi! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter
group? There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thanks

My homepage :: No2 maximus review

Anonymous said...

Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one!
It's on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Outstanding choice of colors!

Here is my web-site ... how to work from home

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post. Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks!


Here is my web-site - Garcinia Cambogia Trim Reviews

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog post. I certainly love this site. Continue the good work!


Here is my weblog: Acai Energize Plus

Anonymous said...

Normally I do not learn article on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to
try and do so! Your writing style has been surprised me.

Thanks, very great article.

My webpage: No2 maximus reviews

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your weblog. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems? A couple of my blog readers have complained about my site not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any suggestions to help fix this issue?


muscle building

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I know this is kind of off topic
but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?
I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

Feel free to surf to my site Buy Acai Ultra Lean

Post a Comment